Communication Expenditures

Federal Political Action Committees and Federal Candidate Committees do not have to file a Communication Expenditure with the South Dakota Secretary of State’s office. There is nothing in South Dakota codified law that requires that filing.  Those federal committees are required to file an Independent Expenditure with the Federal Elections Commission (FEC).  Contact the FEC if you have additional questions.

12-27-16 states the Top 5 contributors must be listed on the disclaimer.  We do not give legal advice and will only offer to you what the statute says.  What we say isn’t the final say as the penalty for non-compliance is criminal which would fall to a State’s Attorney or the Attorney General to enforce.

2014 Independent Expenditures

2016 Independent Expenditures

2017 Independent Expenditures/Communication Expenditures