Ballot Question Information
Welcome to the Ballot Question Information page. In this section users will find information, provided by the South Dakota Secretary of State's office.
- Deadline for submitting initiated constitutional amendment petition - November 6, 2017
- Deadline for submitting initiated measure petition - November 6, 2017
- Deadline for submitting referendum petition - 90 days after adjournment of legislature at which the law was passed
- Each constitutional amendment, initiated measure, or referred law that is approved by a majority of all votes cast is effective on the first day of July after the completion of the official canvass by the State Canvassing Board.
- Click here to view the handout on how to Circulate a Statewide Ballot Question Petition in 2018
- For more detailed information on Potential 2018 Ballot Questions, click here