Steve Barnett

UCC & EFS Forms

Effective July 1, 2016, the Secretary of State's office will ONLY accept the NEW South Dakota forms or the National UCC-1 forms.  EFS Filings must be submitted on the NEW South Dakota EFS forms. Any filings submitted on old forms will be returned. 

The South Dakota Secretary of State now provides an online filing system to assist in completing UCC and EFS financing statement forms. You may file a financing statement by entering the required information, printing the completed form and mailing the form to our office with payment. Using this system will eliminate the possibility of documents being rejected for incomplete or missing information.

Use the link below for forms to submit a UCC or EFS filing by paper:

For Instructions on how to complete the UCC/EFS Forms to submit by paper:
UCC Instructions (Click Here) 
EFS Instructions (Click Here) 
UCC Livestock/Caretaker Instructions (Click Here)