Steve Barnett

     Select a box and SCROLL DOWN

Concealed Carry Replacement

Replacement of Permit: (SDCL 23-7-69) - A person who has been issued a permit to carry a concealed pistol shall maintain current information on the permit by notifying the secretary of state in writing of a change in the person's name due to marriage or court order or of a change in physical address. If the revised address is located within South Dakota, the secretary of state shall provide a new permit to the person.

To request a replacement permit

Send a letter requesting a replacement to the Secretary of State's Office (500 East Capitol Ave, Ste. 204, Pierre, SD 57501). Please include:

  • Name
  • Permit Number
  • Date of Birth
  • Address
  • Signature